We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Create a new pdf that is savable

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89974 Sep 11,2009 11:29 AM Sep 15,2009 06:37 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: PDF
Aaron Hood
Asked On September 11, 2009 11:29 AM

I tried the example http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/pdf/CreateForm.html but when I open the pdf it says "Please fill out the following form. You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records."

How can I allow the user to save their changes?

Thiruvenkadam E [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 15, 2009 06:37 AM

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Unfortunately this is not an issue with the Essential PDF. We can only able to create the such an editable PDF documents with the tools available in the Adobe’s professional suite. Even the editable form created using Adobe’s professional tool, will lost its rights after the document is edited by any third-party plug-in/library. Basically, the problem come from the security mechanism of Adobe. Every change to the PDF document will have its change in its contents. The document rights such as (form filling and data saving) are closely connected to the content.

While saving those documents using any of Adobe’s PDF product it will internally generate a hash-value based on the new contents. Since the encrypting algorithm has never been published by Adobe. It is not possible to preserve the local save rights using any third-party plug ins. Also, the Adobe holds an commercial ban on this feature.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Thiru

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;