We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Create a new pdf that is savable

I tried the example http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/pdf/CreateForm.html but when I open the pdf it says "Please fill out the following form. You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records."

How can I allow the user to save their changes?

1 Reply

TE Thiruvenkadam E Syncfusion Team September 15, 2009 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Unfortunately this is not an issue with the Essential PDF. We can only able to create the such an editable PDF documents with the tools available in the Adobe’s professional suite. Even the editable form created using Adobe’s professional tool, will lost its rights after the document is edited by any third-party plug-in/library. Basically, the problem come from the security mechanism of Adobe. Every change to the PDF document will have its change in its contents. The document rights such as (form filling and data saving) are closely connected to the content.

While saving those documents using any of Adobe’s PDF product it will internally generate a hash-value based on the new contents. Since the encrypting algorithm has never been published by Adobe. It is not possible to preserve the local save rights using any third-party plug ins. Also, the Adobe holds an commercial ban on this feature.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Thiru

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon