We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GDBG - add new rows to bound DataTable - wont display - MyTitle1

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89779 Sep 7,2009 02:48 AM UTC Sep 8,2009 08:24 AM UTC Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On September 7, 2009 02:48 AM UTC

I have a GDBG that is bound to a DataTable. I have carefully initialized the grid with all the events I am interested in, and used the CurrencyManager to apply StyleInfo to all my columns.

Assume my DataTable has 1 row in it when the program starts. Everything looks great.

Now I add 4 more rows to the DataTable (when viewed all 5 rows are there and look perfect) but the grid only displays the last row.

I have tried Grid.Refresh() and Grid.Model.Refresh() and a lot of other things - nothing is working and I'm going nuts.

I'm really not interested in looping through the grid and manually populating it using an indexer like:

MyGrid[row, col] = "MyData"

I dont want to do this because I have already told the grid everything it needs to know to display my data (using CurrencyManager & StyleInfo), and I have also tried to get the data loaded using PopulateValues() but still cant.

---

What I simply want to do is this:

1) initialize the grid

2) bind the DataTable

3) if I change the records in the DataTable, have those changes reflected in the grid using a Refresh() command

---

I manage all the data in the DataTable. The grid doesnt need to track adds, deletes or changes. I manage everything. I dont care if I have to unbind and rebind, I just want the grid to Refresh() on my command and display whatever is in the DataTable that is attached to the grid's DataSource.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

MyTitle1

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2009 12:56 PM UTC

Hi George,

Your incident 59845 for the same query has been updated. Please follow up there.

Regards,
Jisha

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2009 03:58 PM UTC

Thank you very much for the prompt response!

I'm an idiot. When I was scanning the DataTable that as the grid's DataSource, I was applying a filter to DataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter so I could determine if a row existed in the grid. If it didn't I added it to the DataTable.

Once I was finished (in the example above where I added 4 rows) I forgot to reset the DataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter so my new rows weren't displayed.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Lingaraj S [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 8, 2009 08:24 AM UTC

Hi George,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that you solved the issue.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;