We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

X-axis label display alignment

Most of the graphs that I make are time series, where the beginning of time is on the left of the graph, and the end of time is on the right. The problem is that when we are displaying only one label for every 3-4 points, often the very last data point does not have a label, and therefore I can not easily see at what month the data series ends.

Is there anyway to retain only having 1 label for every 3-4 points but always displaying the last month?

Specifically, if I have a chart that has monthly data for jan08 through Mar09, I would like the data labels to be

Mar08
Jun08
Sep08
Dec08
Mar09

as opposed to what the chart object does by default which is display

Jan08
Apr08
Jul08
Oct08
Jan09

Can this be done? Thanks.

1 Reply

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

It is possible to use single label for a group of points by using GroupingLabels.

I have given the sample in the below link.

Sample Link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Chart.Windows/v7.3.0.20/F89663/F89663/main.htm

Use ChartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeRange property to control the range of Axis. If this is assigned to some value,
then it will decide the start, end , interval value of the axis.

Please let me know if this meets your requirement, otherwise provide us your output screenshot and clear details about
your requirement.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon