We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Conditional Formats, relative references

I'm trying to set Conditional Formatting for an entire column except the first row ("F2:F65535") with a formula that I want to active relatively. For example if my formula is

=SOMEFUNCTION(B2,C2)

in F2, I want it to be

=SOMEFUNCTION(B3,C3)

in F3.

Aspose and Spreadsheet gear appear to support this functionality... for example here is the same thing in ASPOSE.Cells..it knows to adjut the formula in formula1 appropriately.

dvRange = new CellArea();
dvRange.StartRow = 1;
dvRange.EndRow = 65535;
dvRange.StartColumn = 5;
dvRange.EndColumn = 5;

dvCurrentIndex = _this.Worksheets["DataEntry"].Validations.Add();
v = _this.Worksheets["DataEntry"].Validations[dvCurrentIndex];
v.AlertStyle = ValidationAlertType.Information;
v.Type = ValidationType.List;
v.AreaList.Add(dvRange);
v.Formula1 = "=OFFSET(StateListDropdown,MATCH(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A2),\" \",\"\"),StateValidator,0)-1,0,COUNTIF(StateValidator, SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A2),\" \",\"\")),1)";
v.InCellDropDown = true;
v.IgnoreBlank = false;
v.ShowInput = false;
v.InputTitle = "Mock Entry";
v.InputMessage = "Enter or choose a color";
v.ShowError = false;
v.Operator = OperatorType.None;

demo_450de443.xls

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 1, 2009 07:20 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently it is not possible to add DataValidation relatively to have the formula adjusted based on the Cell value. However I have forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. Could you please create a new direct trac incident so that I could send you more details.

Regards,
Geetha

JN James Norman September 1, 2009 05:36 PM UTC

Well I'm not an existing customer, I am evaluating the product of which this is an unfortunate showstopper for us.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team October 9, 2009 09:10 AM UTC

Hi,

The problem of DataValidation does not add formula as relative reference is fixed and it will be available in our next public release.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon