We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridSerializationState causing Licensing Error

I have a license for Syncfusion's version 6.3.1.8. (My support license is currently expired and so am posting in Forums). I am using the Syncfusion GridGroupingControl. It works great, but adds 2 properties automatically called: GridSerializationState and an array called SerializedBinaryContent. I use MSBuild to build my binaries in Release mode and I build using a batch file (command prompt). Whenever I build, I get a form asking for fixing the license with the following text:
--------------------------------------------------
Syncfusion Licensing System - Detailed diagnostics.

ErrorKind = RuntimeNoLicx

UsageMode = Runtime

IsAspDotNet = False

RuntimeLicenseKey = No runtime license key found in licx.

ExecutingVersionInfo = Syncfusion.Core, Version=6.3.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4

ExecutingVersionInfoFromAssembly = Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider, Syncfusion.Core, Version=6.303.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4

ErrorMessage =

No Assemblies with licenses.licx resource found.

No Syncfusion.Core entries found in licenses.licx files.
--------------------------------------------------

I have run the license manager more than twice already on my code but that does not fix anything. I am not using 6.303.1.0, but am not sure where this is coming from. If I comment the lines using GridSerializationState and SerializedBinaryContent properties, the build works fine and throws no license issue.

Are those properties using a different version of Syncfusion.Core? I am not using these properties anywhere. So is there a way I can stop the auto-generation of these properties?

Thanks

2 Replies

SK Sanjay Kote August 31, 2009 04:32 PM UTC

Forgot to mention that I had to remove the entry from resx file also.

Thanks

KM Kathiresan M Syncfusion Team September 3, 2009 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Sanjay,

Please add the following file to your project. Set its type to be 'Embedded Resource'.

$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ 6.3.1.8\Templates\licenses.licx

(If a licx file already exists in your application, please remove any Syncfusion references that exist and then copy/paste the contents of the file above).

After this please delete the obj and bin folders and re-compile your application. Please let us know if this does not help.

Thanks,
Kathir | Grid WF Team

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon