We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Group Control Formatting

Hi,

I am new to Syncfusion and using v7.2.0.20, I want to do following things with GGC. Please check the following attachment. I want to overwrite the autoformat option within GGC, instead of Office Blue 2007, want to use my own custom skin. Kindly Help.

1)Want to add border lines between records

2)Add images instead of pointers

Thank you for your patience.

service_9834a5ab.JPG

8 Replies

DC Domnic Coutinho August 29, 2009 09:52 AM UTC

Anybody using version 7.2.0.20

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team September 3, 2009 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Derik,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1)Want to add border lines between records

The property Borders is used to specify border style for each Grid cell through QueryCellStyleInfo event handler, as it occurs for each cell before this control renders it and lets users customize the display of cells. The GridLines property will be overridden by the CSS applied and hence this can be achieved through this event. Please refer the code snippet below to achieve this.

void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordFieldCell ||
e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordFieldCell)
{
e.Style.Borders.All = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorderStyle.DashDotDot, Color.Blue);
e.Handled = true;
}
}

2)Add images instead of pointers

This can be achieved by disabling the RowHeader and adding edit or delete rows using the GridRowEditUpdateLink item template. Please refer our online sample below illustrating your requirement.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.3.0.20/web/Grid.Grouping.Web/samples/3.5/CRUDOperations/EditorDeleteColumns/cs/editordeletecolumn.aspx

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

DC Domnic Coutinho September 4, 2009 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Thanks for the update.

Could add images, but while adding borders it gets a bit tricky.

Im trying this example on Web and not windows, so the GridBorder option is not generated under Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.

DC Domnic Coutinho September 4, 2009 12:04 PM UTC

Also the code given doesnt have any solution file, do i need to create a new solution and add these file from Sample.zip

Wanted to run the solution u have attached and check.

Thanks

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team September 8, 2009 01:41 PM UTC

Hi Domnic,

We have a common base class (Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid) for some properties for both Grid Windows and Grid Web. So this Borders property is also inherited from Windows Forms base class. Please find the sample solution file illustrating border lines between records.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.3.0.20/F89594/Sample.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

DC Domnic Coutinho September 9, 2009 09:51 AM UTC

Oh thanks a lot, that worked. Still had a small query -

Im using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorderWeight.Thin to use the border lines as thin as possible.

1) Can i use more thinner lines ?
2) Is it possible to use hexadecimal coloring schema ?

DC Domnic Coutinho September 16, 2009 05:28 AM UTC

Any Updates ?

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team September 19, 2009 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Domnic,

Yes, you can use border lines to more thin and hexadecimal for border colors. Please refer the code snippet below to achieve this.

e.Style.Borders.All = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorderStyle.DashDotDot, System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#7DB32D"), Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBorderWeight.ExtraThin);
e.Handled = true;

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon