We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabbedMDIManager tab close prevention?

I've been working with the TabbedMDIManager a lot lately and haven't found a good way to prevent tabs from closing if a user needs to cancel the operation (cancelling changes made to a document upon closing) ultimately leaving the tabs unchanged.

I'm handling it at the form level right now and it seems to be working OK, but when the last open tab is closed and the user attempts to cancel the changes, the tab is removed and the form sits by itself without any tabs. Editing this form has no effect on anything. Opening a second version (normally just actiavtes the open copy) attempts to open a new tab, but now the tabs behave improperly and unpredictably.

Is there a way at the MDI level (I only see an event handler for "TabRemoved") to handle save logic in an event like "BeforeTabRemove" that could cancel the tab removal? This problem occurs across multiple applications.

Thanks

Tom

2 Replies

TR Thomas Rader August 28, 2009 03:36 PM UTC

The issue appears to be fixed by upgrading to the latest release version.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 1, 2009 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon