We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

size of handles and custom tooltips

Hello,

I'd appreciate some help with the following questions (Essential Diagram v.6.402.0.15):

1. I'm setting the SizeToNode property of the labels to true. The labels fit the nodes, but the resize handles of the nodes still fit the original label size. Is there a way to keep labels inside the node and the handles fitting the size of the node?

2. By default the tooltip of a node seems to show its name. How do you customize the tooltip?

3. I'm also setting the BackgroundStyle property of the model to Texture. I need to fit the BackgroundStyle.Texture image to the size of the model (A4), but the BackgroundImageLayout property doesn't seem to be available.

Thank you,
Larssec.

5 Replies

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team August 29, 2009 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Larssec,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. For your first issue we have logged the defect report for the issue. We will update you once the defect is fixed.

2. You can use set custom tooltip by using NodeAltTextAndUrl() method. Please refer the below code snippet

rect.Tag = New NodeAltTextAndUrl("This is my first node", "")

3. In our latest version 7.3.0.20, have two new properties for setting Background image such as DiagramWebControl1.Model.BackgroundImage and DiagramWebControl1.Model.BackgroundImageLayout. Please make use of it.

Regards,
Gowri

LA Larssec August 31, 2009 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Gowri,

thanks for your help.

Regards,
larssec

LA Larssec August 31, 2009 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Gowri,

One more thing. Our application populates the Tag property of every node with a custom object that provides some context. Can we still customize the tooltips?

Thanks,
Imax

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Imax,

Diagram control does not support any other property for custom tooltip. We can set the tooltip only by using "Node.Tag" property. So we cannot set both custom object and Tooltip at the same time.

Regards,
Gowri

LA Larssec September 2, 2009 09:20 AM UTC

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Imax.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon