We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

transform from visio''s file and *.vsd and *.svg and soso

some visio file can not be converted to essential format,what can i do ? and the symbol designer always can not be able to add visio's Tooling,and the visio's Tooling is needed and the symbol will be build hardly in essential 's symbol designer.
why and what can i do ?
Can svg file be transformed to essential 's format ?
thank you!

5 Replies

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team August 21, 2009 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Bravejavis,

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

1. Please provide the sample visio file which you have used.

2. We can add the visio palette's in symbol designer by VisioStencilConverter class and Convert() method from Syncfusion.Diagram.Utility.Windows namespace. Please refer the below code snippet for further reference.

Match match = Regex.Match( strFileName, ".vss|.vsx|.vsd|.vdx",options );
if ( match.Success )
{
VisioStencilConverter converter = new VisioStencilConverter(strFileName, this); // this-----Current parent Form
converter.ShowProgressDialog = true;
curSymbolPalette = converter.Convert();
if (curSymbolPalette != null)
symbolPaletteGroupBar.AddPalette(curSymbolPalette);
}

Here "strFileName" refers to the Visio File which we want to add.

3. Diagram does not support to convert svg file to Essential Format.

Let me know if you have any questions in this regard.

Regards,
Gowri

SR Sérgio Rodrigues Costa March 18, 2015 01:06 PM UTC

Hi, when I try to open or append a palette from an visio Stencil 2010 file. (Vsd, Vsx, Vss or Vsx) I got this error.

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred in System.Xml.dll"

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Bravejavis,

Thanks for your update.

the symbol designer always can not be able to add visio's Tooling,and the visio's Tooling is needed and the symbol will be build hardly in essential 's symbol designer.

Could you please share us more information probably sample/code snippet/video that reproduces the reported issue for analyze further and to provide you a better solution?

Can svg file be transformed to essential 's format ?

Currently we don’t have support for svg file converted to essential’s EDD format.

Please let us know if any concern.

Regards,

Naganathan K G

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Bravejavis,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product.

Currently we don’t have a support for svg file converted to essential’s EDD format requirement. Please create an incident on behalf of this reported requirement from the following link for better assistance.

Here is the link:link

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Naganathan K G

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Bravejavis,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Before looking into the requirement, Could you please share us file which reproduces the reported issue, this will help us to further analysis and to provide you a better solution?

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,

Naganathan K G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon