We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

grid cell text

Hi,

(1)
I am trying to get the grid cell's text all highlighted when a user click (or move) on a cell, so that when he starts typing values, the old values will be wiped out automatically.

I tried using this event handler

void GridEditor_CurrentCellInitializeControlText(object sender, GridCurrentCellInitializeControlTextEventArgs e)
{
GridEditor gridEditor = (GridEditor)sender;
GridCurrentCell cell = gridEditor.CurrentCell;
cell.BeginEdit(true);
}

however, the cell.BeginEdit(true) does not work. can you tell me why?

(2)
second question is regarding the export to excel feature. is there any way to implement this feature if I only have .NET 3.0
the GridExcelConverterControl class requires dll reference from .NET 3.5

thanks,
Stephen

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team August 20, 2009 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting query to us.

Issue 1:

The desired behavior can be achieved by setting the ActivateCurrentCellBehavior property to GridCellActivateAction.SelectAll. See the code:

this.gridControl1.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellActivateAction.SelectAll;
Issue 2:

The Essential Grid control has in-built support for Excel Export. The class GridExcelConverterControl provides support for exporting data from a GridControl or GridDataBoundGrid control into an Excel spreadsheet. The GridToExcel method should be used to export the grid to an excel sheet. Here is the code snippet that is used to  convert the contents of the GridControl to Excel.

[C#]
Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl(); 
gecc.GridToExcel(this.gridControl1.Model,@"C:\MyGC.xls");

For more details see the following sample from our sample browser:

GridSamples ---->Export ---->GC XLS Export Demo

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon