We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager setZIndex for buttons inside

Hello,
I have a question about the Docking manager. I am trying to hide/show buttons inside my DockingManager, which I have placed inside of a DocumentContainer (as seen in the attached picture). To hide the buttons, I have created a rectangle on the canvas and drawn over three buttons. When DocumentContainer is maximized, I would like to show all three buttons (set Z Index of white rectangle to the lowest value). When the DocumentContainer is minimized, I would like to hide all three buttons (set Z Index of white rectangle to highest value). The code I wrote works fine for the DocumentContainer by itself, but when I put my DocumentContainer inside of the DockingManager (as seen in attached pic) the setting of Zindex doesn't seem to work anymore.
Any ideas on why Z Index setting isn't working? I've also tried just setting visibility of buttons on and off but it causes the buttons to break because of the binding (they are minimize, maximize, restore buttons).

noButtons_1ca6bee7.jpg

5 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 17, 2009 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Could you please send us your sample to reproduce this issue? It would be much help us to work on this issue and provide you the possible solution at earliest.

Regards,
Prabu

CR Christina Robin August 18, 2009 01:16 AM UTC

I'm actually a newb to C# and WPF, could you kindly provide me all the details necessary as to how I should package and e-mail it to you? (what files should I send, etc?) Please provide me with an e-mail address as well.

Thank you.
Tina

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team August 18, 2009 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Christina,

You can compress your sample application as .zip format and attach it through attachment option which could be found at forum post page(During your next reply for this post).

Still If you face any difficulties, please send your sample to support@syncfusion.com with subject as forum id.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

CR Christina Robin August 18, 2009 08:36 AM UTC

As well as exploring the Zindex issue, could you also look into why I can't place the min, max and restore buttons on TabControlExt (far right corner)? (please refer to my other question on min/max/resize buttons which has a sample image of what I'm trying to do). Basically all I'm trying to do is find a solution for placing the min/max/resize buttons in a suitable place, NOT on the menu bar (because as you can see from my program, my menu bar is very high up and it would look funny to put the buttons there) =)

Thanks!
Tina

CRT_prototype_backupAug18_80dc9a37.zip

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 19, 2009 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the sample. We noticed that you were hard coded for checking the DocumentContainer’s Width and Height with MDI element. The actual result of the difference value while checking the NewSize is 4 for FlowDocumentScrollViewer and 6 for DockingManager. You were given 4 in that condition hence it always return false for DockingManager. We have made the necessary changes from your sample. Please find the modified sample from the link given below and let us know if it meets your requirement.

Modified Sample

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon