We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Document Container - min/max resize buttons ?

Hi,
In the Document Container Demo, when you check 'MDI' and have the mini windows I noticed that when one hits the maximize button, the window maximizes but for some reason the min, max and 'X' button disappear and join the min, max and restore button to the far right (same grid line as 'File' and 'Window'). I find that it's awkward that the controls aren't connected to the windows themselves, is there any way to make it so that the 3 controls appear as part of the newly maximized window, and not on the same grid line as 'File' and 'Window'? (As seen in the attached file that I mocked up)

temp_9d6de81.jpg

3 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 8, 2009 06:15 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The typical behavior of MDI Window is that its Maximize, Minimize and Close buttons should be placed in top right corner of the Menu bar in MDI mode. You can check the same behavior in Visual Studio IDE in Multiple Document mode. The top right corner of Menu bar is the correct place to keep these command button since the dock element in right side not constant. We may have one or more dock element in right side. Hence we cannot define these command buttons in specific place.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

CR Christina Robin August 18, 2009 02:20 AM UTC

Is there any way around this? In my program the right side is constant. It would be great if I could put the three buttons inside of the TabsControlExt because my menu bar is too high (too far above the Document Container) and it would look weird to put the three buttons there. The only problem is that when I place the three buttons in the TabsControl, they disappear. I noticed that if I take the binding off of the min,max,restore button they are visible -- but then they don't work. Any comments, suggestions, idea on how I can achieve this look is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Tina

snapshot_c1948db.jpg

NA Nikhil A Syncfusion Team August 18, 2009 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

This can be achieved by using TabPanelItem attached property of TabControlExt. For instance,

in xaml:

DockPanel.Dock="Right" Margin="4,0,0,0">

Please download the sample from below mentioned location for more information.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.WPF/7.3.0.20/88668/TabControlForum_88668.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
SudhaC.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon