We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

"Track Changes" feature support

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

88660 Aug 5,2009 12:57 PM Aug 7,2009 08:30 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 5, 2009 12:57 PM

Hello,

Is there any kind of support for "Track Changes" Excel feature?

I need to export some data from my application so that user is able to modify it outside of my application and then import changes back into application.

Excel does have a nice "Track Changes" feature which seems helpful for me. My first thought was to programatically enable the "Track Changes" so that all changes user has made are displayed in a separate "History" sheet.

Unfortunately I cannot find any support in XlsIO neither for reading "History" sheet nor accessing changes through XlsIO. As I found the "History" sheet is not saved by Excel.

Is there any API to access the changes? If not is there a plan for adding it?

Thanks in advance,
Anton

Vijesh Narayanan [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 12:49 AM

Hi Anton,

Thank you for using Essential XlsIO.

I am sorry to say that we currently don't provide any support for "Track Changes" feature.

Currently we don’t have any immediate plan for implementing this feature. But we will consider this in one of our future releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Vijesh

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 07:09 AM

Thanks Vijesh.

My colleague suggested another solution for my problem. This solution is to first create an empty worksheet and embed a macro into it like described here: http://www.excelforum.com/excel-miscellaneous/585491-shared-workbook-save-history-tab.html

Will XlsIO preserve this macro if I use that modified worksheet as a template to be populated with data? If true, it would be a good workaround for me.

Thanks,
Anton

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 7, 2009 08:30 AM

Hi Anton,

Thank you for the details.

Yes, it is possible to preserve macros when re saving using Essential XlsIO. Please go through our documentation in the link below.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/xlsio/VBAInTemplate.html

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;