We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Track Changes" feature support

Hello,

Is there any kind of support for "Track Changes" Excel feature?

I need to export some data from my application so that user is able to modify it outside of my application and then import changes back into application.

Excel does have a nice "Track Changes" feature which seems helpful for me. My first thought was to programatically enable the "Track Changes" so that all changes user has made are displayed in a separate "History" sheet.

Unfortunately I cannot find any support in XlsIO neither for reading "History" sheet nor accessing changes through XlsIO. As I found the "History" sheet is not saved by Excel.

Is there any API to access the changes? If not is there a plan for adding it?

Thanks in advance,
Anton

3 Replies

VN Vijesh Narayanan Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 04:49 AM UTC

Hi Anton,

Thank you for using Essential XlsIO.

I am sorry to say that we currently don't provide any support for "Track Changes" feature.

Currently we don’t have any immediate plan for implementing this feature. But we will consider this in one of our future releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Vijesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 11:09 AM UTC

Thanks Vijesh.

My colleague suggested another solution for my problem. This solution is to first create an empty worksheet and embed a macro into it like described here: http://www.excelforum.com/excel-miscellaneous/585491-shared-workbook-save-history-tab.html

Will XlsIO preserve this macro if I use that modified worksheet as a template to be populated with data? If true, it would be a good workaround for me.

Thanks,
Anton

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 7, 2009 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Anton,

Thank you for the details.

Yes, it is possible to preserve macros when re saving using Essential XlsIO. Please go through our documentation in the link below.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/xlsio/VBAInTemplate.html

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon