We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Skin Picker - implementation ?

Hi, I'm currently messing around with the SKinPicker control inside the TabControlExtIE7Demo_2008. I want to put the skin picker under a menu called "options" so that it looks like this
Options -> Customize -> Skin Picker
I realize that Skin Picker defaults to changing the skin of the root element, so in this case I set the TargetElement to be Window1 (because I want the skin of the main window to change, not the skin of the menu), but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working. Any help/details about what I should specify for the TargetElement to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Tina

7 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 5, 2009 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

This is an issue in our SkinPicker this happens when we host SkinPicker control under the menuitem. We have already filed a defect report about this issue and we will get back to you as soon as this issue gets fixed. Thanks for your patience.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

FF fff October 27, 2013 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Prabu,

Any idea when skinpicker will be implemented (or implementable) in menus like the question of your other Customer ? it was in 2009...

Also, maybe I missed something, but zero info on how to use skinpicker, options, layout ...

(no forum, no pdf, no online help, no special example especially on it , no compoent in UI.... at the moment it's a bit by luck to find it)

Or did I missed something ?

Thanks,

Fabrice

KP Karuppasamy P Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the sample below in which we have used SkinPicker inside the Menu.

We will include the documentation for SkinPicker control in our upcoming release.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Karuppasamy P

SkinPickerDemo_44c724a5.zip

FF fff November 23, 2013 11:41 AM UTC

works, but not very integrated like normal menus

How can that look like a standard menu list ?

I mean

-vertical list of theme names

-optional picto on the left

maybe feasable or callable in other very basic way of coding, not shure

Thanks,

F

KP Karuppasamy P Syncfusion Team November 25, 2013 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your update. 

We have modified the sample, find the sample in the below link

In the sample we have edited the SkinPicker orientation to Vertical. But currently there is no support to place the Icons to the left side in the MenuItem. 

Please revert back if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Karuppasamy P

SkinPickerDemo_1fc136bc.zip

FF fff December 13, 2013 09:02 AM UTC

hi Karuppasamy,

yes it's vertical now ... does it looks like a typical windows menu ?

I am annoyed to say that, because very possibly they are other ways to achieve that in a menu, I mean to call the function to change the them ... just that I do not know them.

Thanks,

Fabrice

DK Dinesh Kumar P Syncfusion Team December 16, 2013 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your patience.

Currently SkinPicker control doesn't support to display skins like a typical windows menu. Yet we have created a sample application using 'SkinStorage' based on your requirement. The sample would look like a standard menu list having vertical list of theme names and  picture on the left. Please find the sample attached below.

Please let us know whether the solution provided meets your requirement.

Warm Regards,
Dinesh Kumar P

SkinPickerDemo_d056f2fd.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon