We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems going from Syncfusion 3.2.1.0 to 7.2.0.37

In order to set the desired properties for tabbed MDI I overrode
the TabbedMDIManager as shown below. When I moved from 3.2.1.0
and VS2003 to VS2008 and 7.2.0.3.37 this code no longer works.
The properties set in this code no longer work and my tabbedMDI
screens are ugly. None of my code has changed. What changed
in the Syncfusion libraries?

public class VMTTabbedMDIManager : TabbedMDIManager
{
protected override MDITabPanel CreateMDITabPanel()
{
MDITabPanel tabPanel = base.CreateMDITabPanel ();
tabPanel.TabStyle = typeof(OneNoteStyleRenderer);
tabPanel.Font = new Font(ProgramManager.MDITabFontName, ProgramManager.MDITabFontSize);
tabPanel.TabPanelBackColor = Color.Black;
tabPanel.InactiveTabColor = Color.Gray; //Color.Gray;
tabPanel.ActiveTabColor = Color.Silver;//Color.LightSlateGray;
return tabPanel;
}
}

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2009 12:53 PM UTC

Another problem moving to 7.2.0.37:
The Syncfusion Menus in my program are no longer showing the correct Font Size after moving to 7.2.0.37. My code has not changed.

The attached .cs file has code snippets showing which Syncfusion events I'm using to control the font size.

Why does this no longer work?

Class1_9c8bbd7c.cs

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 4, 2009 07:44 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send me the screen shot or the stacktrace of the error that you are receiving while running the projects.

If you have upgraded to the latest version, can you please let me know if you are able to see proper Syncfusion version number in the properties Window for the Syncfusion dlls.

If you are upgrading to .NET 2.0 - version number should be 7.202.0.37.
For .NET 3.5, version number should be 7.203.0.37.

Also please let me know the framework you are upgrading to.

Regards,
Nanda

KJ Ken J Law Jr. August 5, 2009 02:49 PM UTC

The attached .doc file contains the screen shots requested.
I verified that all .dlls are showing version 7.203.0.37.
We are targeting .NET 3.5.
There are no errors being generated. The code in the snippets I sent you earlier is running but does not seem to be having an effect.

ScreenShots_941d69b5.doc

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I verified this with the latest version of Syncfusion and the TabPanel setting has now been modified. The version 3.2 to 7.2 has many changes from namespaces to functional rendering.

To set the tab properties of the TabbedMDIManager, you can use the following way. The Tabcontrol instance when added to the TabbedMDIManager can be got through the TabControlAdded event of the TabbedMDIManager (please refer to the sample). With the help of this TabControlAdv, you can assign the appearance properties to your application.

[C#]
this.tabbedMDIManager1.TabControlAdded += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDITabControlEventHandler(this.tabbedMDIManager1_TabControlAdded_1)
private void tabbedMDIManager1_TabControlAdded_1(object sender, TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs args)
{
tabCtrl = args.TabControl as TabControlAdv;
tabCtrl.HotTrack = true;
tabCtrl.ActiveTabColor = Color.Orange;
tabCtrl.ActiveTabFont = new Font("Tahoma", 12, FontStyle.Bold);
}
Please refer to below sample and let me know if this helps.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=58561_4c764e64.zip&team=support

For the XPMenus, I am working on this issue and I will get back to you on this with more details in a business day.

Regards,
Nanda

KJ Ken J Law Jr. August 7, 2009 02:42 PM UTC

Nanda,

Thank you for the help. My tabs now look as they should.

However I have a new problem. When I create a new vertical tab group the tab limits the horizontal size of its contents severely (see the screen shots in the attachment).

QUESTION: My code was setting properties of a MDITabPanel object. Now I'm setting the properties of a TabControlAdv object. Has the TabControlAdv object replaced the MDITabPanel?
If not, what is purpose of each of these objects?

Thanks,

Ken

ScreenShots2_d51127e4.doc

KJ Ken J Law Jr. August 13, 2009 02:29 PM UTC

Any progress with the 2 remaining problems (with MDI Tab Groups and Menus)?

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team August 25, 2009 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

Posting the response provided in incident for reference.

1. When I create a new vertical tab group the tab limits the horizontal size of its contents severely:

Is the grid anchored in the tabpage or some size set?

2. Has the TabControlAdv object replaced the MDITabPanel? If not, what is purpose of each of these objects?

In older version, we had to derive TabbedMDIManager to get access to internal tabcontrol (i.e, MDITabPanel). MDITabPanel is actually a derived control from TabControlAdv. In later versions, we gave the option to directly access the tabcontrolAdv. Hence MDITabPanel object and TabControlAdv objects are same.

3. Incorrect font size in menus:

You don't have to handle event to change the size of the barItems in later version. BarItems have a 'CustomTextFont' property which you can use it to change the font.

this.barItem1.CustomTextFont = new System.Drawing.Font('Calibri', 11.25F);

4. OneNoteStyle tabs :

Please set the tabStyle as follows:

this.tabbedMDIManager1.TabStyle = typeof(OneNoteStyleRenderer);

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon