We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Prevent DropDownGridCellModel from closing

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

88541 Jul 29,2009 11:06 AM UTC Aug 6,2009 09:23 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Stephen Hui
Asked On July 29, 2009 11:06 AM UTC

Hi,

I have implemented a DropDownGridCellModel within a GridControl. This dropDownCell is itself another GridControl which I can input numbers. I have added Validation control to this dropdown

this.Model.ColStyles[2].ValidateValue = new GridCellValidateValueInfo(true, 0, 1, "please enter a number between 0 to 1!");

however, whenever the input violates the limits, I get the pop-up warning message, but when I close it the dropDownCell closes as well.

Is there a way to leave the drop down cell open if input is invalid so that user knows they need to input a correct value again?

thank you!

Rajadurai C [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I have created the following sample to reproduce this behavior(dropdown closes on clicking OK button of validation messagebox). But it works fine in our side. The dropdown remains open, after the validation messagebox has been closed. Please refer to it.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F88541.zip

If you still sees the issue, please try to reproduce the reported behavior in the attached sample and provide us. So that, we can see the issue and work to provide a solution for it.

Regards,
Rajadurai

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;