We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Prevent DropDownGridCellModel from closing

Hi,

I have implemented a DropDownGridCellModel within a GridControl. This dropDownCell is itself another GridControl which I can input numbers. I have added Validation control to this dropdown

this.Model.ColStyles[2].ValidateValue = new GridCellValidateValueInfo(true, 0, 1, "please enter a number between 0 to 1!");

however, whenever the input violates the limits, I get the pop-up warning message, but when I close it the dropDownCell closes as well.

Is there a way to leave the drop down cell open if input is invalid so that user knows they need to input a correct value again?

thank you!

1 Reply

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I have created the following sample to reproduce this behavior(dropdown closes on clicking OK button of validation messagebox). But it works fine in our side. The dropdown remains open, after the validation messagebox has been closed. Please refer to it.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F88541.zip

If you still sees the issue, please try to reproduce the reported behavior in the attached sample and provide us. So that, we can see the issue and work to provide a solution for it.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon