We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel file to database

How do I import an Excel file (resultat.xls) to a sql 2008 database? Is there a excempel available?

resultat_a54f5db4.xls

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team July 29, 2009 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Kjell,

It is not directly possible to export an XLS file to a SQL database. You can convert the file into a DataTable / DataView and then manually export it.

You can refer to the sample in the location given below that explains exporting of XLS file to a DataTable.
My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\x.x.x.xx\Windows\XlsIO.Windows\Samples\2.0\Data Binding\Import-Export DataTable\

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

SB Shannon Broskie February 5, 2015 09:25 PM UTC

Can't the workbook be saved as a memory stream and then converted to a byte array for saving to the DB?

SR Sudha Ramachandran Syncfusion Team February 11, 2015 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Shannon,

Yes, the workbook be saved as a memory stream as represented in the below code snippet. This memory stream can then be converted to a byte array for saving to the DB.

Code Snippet:

//Create new memory stream

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

//Save the excel workbook as stream

workbook.SaveAs(stream, ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS);

UG Documentation Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/default.htm#!documents/saveworkbookasastrea.htm

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sudha R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon