We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid state

I am currently porting applications from a Java MVC framework and I am having trouble trying to decide if the Synchfusion grid will accomplish what I need. My problem is with the state on sorting and paging and the fact that it relies on Javascript. Here are a few of my concerns if this is the case. Not sure if there is an answer but I thought I would raise them.

1) What happens when JavaScript is switched off?
2) The sorting & paging perform a POST, so that if the user tries to refresh the page they receive the annoying “You are about resend some form data” message.
3) The back button seems broken as it does not remember the state.
4) How would I bookmark the grid - remembering sort and page state in querystring? Normally the state of the grid would need to (including paging/sorting info) be stored in the querystring (eg. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?&groupid=701&catid=14&subid=940&sortby=priceAsc).

1 Reply

BK Balaji K Syncfusion Team July 30, 2009 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Glen Edwards,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the answers for the queries.

1) What happens when JavaScript is switched off?
------------------
Grid will only render and no client side interaction will be supported.
------------------

2) The sorting & paging perform a POST, so that if the user tries to refresh the page they receive the annoying “You are about resend some form data” message.
------------------
I am not able to reproduce this. Please let us know more info on this.
------------------

3) The back button seems broken as it does not remember the state.
-----------------
The state of the grid will be maintained when you do a post generally but on a back and fro it doesn't.Currently we are planing to maintain it on a hidden panel and that will resolve this issue.
-----------------

4) How would I bookmark the grid - remembering sort and page state in querystring? Normally the state of the grid would need to (including paging/sorting info) be stored in the querystring (eg. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?&groupid=701&catid=14&subid=940&sortby=priceAsc).
------------------
The grid by default remembers the state when you do a post by sending the client object to the server.Currently we are working on this feature to pass the sort/paging parameters in the query string. we would appreciate your patience.
-------------------

Regards,
Balaji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon