We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridListControlCell Edit Record option

Hi,

I am using following code to populate a GridList control to show MultiColumn dropdown on a cell. Is there any way I can have Pencil icon (which we get when we use ForeignKeyRelation in GridGrouping)? If yes please help me.

gridgroupingcontrol1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Customers"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = GridCellTypeName.GridListControl;
gridgroupingcontrol1TableDescriptor.Columns["Customers"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ValueMember = "Customers_ID";
gridgroupingcontrol1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Customers"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DisplayMember = "Customers_Name";

gridgroupingcontrol1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Customers"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource = dsCustomers.Tables[0];

I am using such code since I want to load different data (Like Customer, Products, Countries etc.) on every different Cell in a single Column.

Thanks,
Santosh U.

3 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team July 27, 2009 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

It seems you would like to have the pencil icon in the dropdownlist just as found in the column header when using ForeignKeyReference relationkind. The gridlistcontrol is read-only. The dropdownlist doesn't allow editing. Hence, there is no place to display pencil icon in it. Here is a sample for your reference.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F88463.zip

If it seems i misunderstood the issue, please let me clear with some more details through a screenshot about your requirement. It would be fine for us to see the issue and work to provide a solution.

Regards,
Rajadurai

SU Santosh U August 12, 2009 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Rajadurai,

You have the issue right but the problem i have is i can not use ForeignKey Relation in this case.
My basic requirement is once i click on the drop down it sees what is available in previous column and according to that fetches the data, I am not sure if we can do this using foreign key relations since in that the entire column has one data source.

Let me know if this achievable and if then how can we do that.

I hope I am able to explain what I require.

Thanks,
Santosh U

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team August 14, 2009 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your update.

With GridListControl celltype, the dropdownlist cannot be allowed to edit as it is the one derived from ListBox control. If you want to achieve the editing in dropdownlist thereby allowing the pencil icon to appear in rowheader of dropdownlist item, you can customize the dropdownlist embedding griddataboundgrid into it. This grid has similar look and feel as that of GridListControl.

Please refer to the sample in following forum thread in which the grid is embedded in dropdownlist.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/79614

Also please refer to our browser sample in Syncfusion Dashboard, Grid samples -> Custom Cell Type -> Drop-Down Grid Demo in which embedding editable dropdowns in grid has been illustrated.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon