We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Accordion Page Load issues

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

88450 Jul 23,2009 04:06 PM UTC Aug 6,2009 06:46 AM UTC ASP.NET MVC (Classic) 2
Tags: Tools
Eric Swann
Asked On July 23, 2009 04:06 PM UTC

I have an issue with the way that the accordion loads. It initially loads the accordion content as raw html with base site styles applied. This causes a brief moment on the page where everything looks poor. A fraction of a second later, the accordion UI is rendered and everything looks OK. I'm using the accordion as a sidebar for navigation, so it is visible on every page.

With each page that loads, there is this brief hiccup before the accordion renders. You can, in fact, see this same affect in your MVC example site where accordions are used. IMO, This load issue makes for an unprofessional looking transition between pages.

I'm using the "Plugin" implementation of the accordion. I have a partial view with Headers/Divs like your example followed by the Accordion html helper method which references the div id.

Is there some way to mitigate this issue, such as hiding the content until the accordion finishes rendering? Any ideas would be helpful. Is there a different accordion load approach where this doesn't happen?

Eric Swann
Replied On July 25, 2009 03:24 PM UTC

One thing I found that helped with this was to examine the styles that the SyncFusion "Skin" is applying to the divs/headers. In this case the skin i'm using is Vista. I then manually assign these classes to the control in the markup. The accordion still has an FUOC (Flash of Unstyled Content) as it selects the correct tab to be active, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as the completely unstyled content that displayed before.

I tried also putting in a Jquery script that hid the content until the page had finished it's display, but that didn't seem to help. I think the accordion already does that by default.

Balaji K [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Controls.

The Accordion is based on jQuery UI as you are aware.The jQuery initializes in the client side and in between the transition of raw Html to accordion seems to be unprofessional and we are working on a solution to avoid this case by hiding the control on loading phase and display only on loaded state.

we would appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Balaji

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;