We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Performance Issue

Hello Guys,

I'm using Schedule Control, binding it with many DB records, like is displayed in attachment image.

All data are being extracted quickly, so I noted that the problem is in the page size (HTML). It's with 800KB and 15 seconds to display the control in the browser!

Is there some approach that I'd use to improve the performance?

Best Regards,

Performance_8eab87a7.jpg

13 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Israel,

We regret for the delayed response.

We are currently working on optimizing the performance for Schedule Control. The fix for this issue will be available on or before September 15, 2009.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Melba

BY BAO YADONG October 5, 2009 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Melba Winshia,

Is the performance issue resolved in the Schedule Control version 7.3.0.20? You said it should be by 15Sep09.

We are facing serious performance issue in version 7.1.0.30 in production for a project which has gone live into 3rd week now.

Need your confirmation before we upgrade the control for this live project.

Thanks,
Joseph Yong
Project Manager

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team October 6, 2009 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am able to see performance issue with version 7.1.0.30 while loading more number of appointments. But we are glad to let you know that we have optimized performance while more number of appointments is loaded and the fix for this issue is available in the Development build v7.4.0.9 which you can refer to the below location for download.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/development-builds

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

IA Israel Aece February 8, 2011 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Melba,

We update the version of the Schedule control on our project, to verify the results. We can notice some gain in the performance of render.

We had a scenario where was delaying around 17 seconds to render the Schedule control. After this update, this time was reduced to 8/9 seconds. As you can see, the gain was significant, but from user point of view, this delay is inacceptable.

We are using Linq To SQL to bind it. Resources and BlockedTimes are being created at runtime. The site is hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Express 2008. The server-side code is running fast. The problem/delay is the render in the browser. We are using Internet Explorer 8.0, and we had tested many of browsers and versions, like FireFox, Opera, Chrome, etc., and all of them have the same problem/delay.

Can you help me to diagnostic this problem? Below I paste my control markup (ASPX) to you view it:

CategoryDataSourceID="" Height="100%" TimeMode="Hours24" UserOverrideCulture="Portuguese (Brazil)"
Width="100%" CultureSource="UserOverride" ShowPrintStripItem="False" WaitingPopupText=""
ShowDeleteStripItem="False" AllDayAppointmentRowVisible="False" AutoPostBackOnScheduleClick="True"
AllowAppointmentDrag="False" AllowAppointmentResize="False" ClientSideOnAppointmentClick="Editar(this)"
ClientSideOnScheduleClick="SelecionarData(this)" AutoPostBackOnAppointmentClick="True"
DayNavigatorPosition="HeaderLeft" ShowDayStripItem="False" ShowMonthStripItem="False"
ShowTodayStripItem="False" ShowWeekStripItem="False" ShowWorkWeekStripItem="False"
OnStartDateChanged="Schedule1_StartDateChanged" AllowAddingAppointByCallBack="False"
EnableTheming="False" HeaderBarVerticalAlign="NotSet" ShowNavigator="False" ShowNotedDaysInCalendar="False"
DayEndHour="23" ResolutionHeight="24" ShowCategoryGroupBar="False">

SubjectField="Subject" UniqueIDField="Id" />

<%# Container.Subject %>

IA Israel Aece February 8, 2011 01:53 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm looking for some people that is passing for the same problem, and I found this post: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/schedule-aspnet/90787/Property-DayStartHour=8-makes-loading-of-appointment-so-slow!

Just to complement the previous post, I have, in average, around 80 appointments per day, with 19 horizontal resources. You can view the attached image.

Schedule_d8c40337.zip

TM Teerthi M Syncfusion Team February 17, 2011 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Israel,

We analyzed your issue, we like to know which version you are using. In addition to that we have analyzed and found that the rendering delay is also caused due to the shadow of the appointment. To optimize that, you can set the ShowShadow property of the schedule control to False. Please find the below code snippet to use it.

runat="server" ScheduleType="Day" AutoFormat="Office2007Blue">

Please try the above and let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Teerthi M

HZ Hilla Zucker April 20, 2011 09:09 AM UTC

I have the same performance issue. It takes ages for the schedule to render, when i enter to the page or when i use the schedule context menu.
can't the context menu work on client side?
how can i reduce the schedule rendering time?

Capture_58a4b064.zip

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team April 26, 2011 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Hilla,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample which can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-77962-1905188596.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution.The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

HZ Hilla Zucker May 24, 2011 12:12 PM UTC

Hi,

I have tried the sample.
It takes 7 seconds for the appointments to upload..
We usualy use more then twice as much appointments so it takes 12 approx seconds (i added to your sample 20 more appointments)
This is unacceptable for our customers,
what should i do?

Regards,
Hilla

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team May 27, 2011 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Hilla,

Thanks for your update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are not able to reproduce the issue reported by you. We have prepared a simple sample by including 20 appointments and calculated the schedule rendering time. It took around 250ms to render. We have attached the screenshot in our sample. Please refer to the below link to download the sample application.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-7796275724170.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution.The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team May 27, 2011 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Hilla,

Thanks for your update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are not able to reproduce the issue reported by you. We have prepared a simple sample by including 20 appointments and calculated the schedule rendering time. It took around 250ms to render. We have attached the screenshot in our sample. Please refer to the below link to download the sample application.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-7796275724170.zip

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

HZ Hilla Zucker May 29, 2011 09:34 AM UTC

Ranjithkumar hi,

Well you are right, the prerender time almost the same for me to.
The problem is after onunload. I don't know what comes after that, but between onunload and the display of the schedule control on page, above 10 sec waisted.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team June 1, 2011 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Hilla,

Thanks for your update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are not able to reproduce the issue reported by you. We have prepared a simple sample by including 20 appointments and calculated the schedule unloading time. It took around 250ms to unload. Please refer to the below link to download the sample application.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-77962-248013051.zip

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon