We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Maximum length of cell in Syncfusion Grid control

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion Gridcontrol in my application.
.NET Framework 3.5
VS 2008

In the grid, for a cell maxlength is set 3.Cell Type is TextBox.If I have pressed three keys i.e, If I have entered three characters then, I have to move to next cell.

I tried in CurrentCellValidateString event of the grid.But,In this event, I was able to get text entered in the cell i.e.in the method, the length of the string I have entered is 3.but,in the UI, It displayed only 2 charcters and the third character is displayed in the next cell.

Kindly provide any solution for the above issue.

Thanks
Deepa

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team July 16, 2009 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Deepa,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

The CurrentCellChanged event is fired, when the cell value has been changed in GridControl. So please try using CurrentCellChanged event in GridControl, to achieve the desired behavior. The ControlText text is returned the Entered value in GridControl cell.

Please refer the code below:

this.gridControl1.CurrentCellChanged += new EventHandler(gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged);
void gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridControl1.CurrentCell;
if (cc.RowIndex > 0 && cc.ColIndex > 0)
{
if (cc.Renderer.ControlText.Length == 3)
{
if (cc.ColIndex == this.gridControl1.ColCount && cc.RowIndex < this.gridControl1.RowCount)
{
cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex + 1, 1);
}
else if (cc.ColIndex < this.gridControl1.ColCount)
{
cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex + 1);
}
}
}
}

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon