We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems going from 3.2.1.0 to 7.2.0.37

I'm transitioning from Visual Studio 2003/.Net 1.1 to Visual Studio 2008/.Net 3.5. Along with this I'm going from Syncfusion version 3.2.1.0 to 7.2.0.37. My application no longer runs.

I'm getting an "index out of bounds" error in my implementation of ICalcData.GetValueRowCol(row,col). It looks like this method is being called with a row value that is to high. This does not happen in the older version.

Did anything significant change in EssentialCalculate between these two versions? Anything you can tell me about what I need to be concerned with transitioning to 7.2.0.37 from 3.2.1.0 would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 8, 2009 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

There are lot of changes in calculate source in between version 3.2.1.0 to 7.2.0.37.

The preferred way to upgrade to new version is to uninstall prior versions of Essential studio and make a manual check that system does not contain any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC ( C:\WINDOWS\assembly ) and public assemblies folders(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies). Also delete the old installation files if any present in installed location.

Now install the v7.2 Essential studio with the given key.

Please follow the below steps to run the existing application:

1) Before opening the application delete the bin and obj folders and temporary files.

2) Use the converter resx utility from Start --> All Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 7.2.0.37 --> Utilities --> migration -> to convert the resx file to new version 7.2.0.37.

3) Open the application, in the solution explorer. Right click and view the properties of all the Syncfusion DLLs in the references folder. The version property will be pointing to the new version 7.2.0.37 and the 'SpecifcVersion' property should be set to false.

Note: For easy process, in latest versions we have splitted the namespace into Windows, Web and Base. For example, if you need to use Grid.Windows, you need to load Syncfusion.Core, Syncfusion.Grid.Base,Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Syncfusion.Shared.Windows alone. Also the license.licx only contains "Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core".

4) Recompile and run the project.

Please try this and if this does not solve the issue please provide us a sample that showing issue?. So that we could analyze it here.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon