We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Newly added row is not removed upon cancel

Hello,

Scenario:

User decides to add new row (clicks on the empty row at the top of the grid). Use sets values to various fields. User decides to cancel the addition. User
presses the x button (i am using yncfusion:NavigatorBar ).
The recorded is added instead of being removed.

See the attachement.

Please advice.

10x.

WebApplication2_942319b7.rar

4 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team July 6, 2009 01:45 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We regret to let you know that ButtonBars in GridGroupingControl has been deprecated and we would suggest you to use GridPager control associated with GridGroupingControl. Please refer the sample to illustrate this.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.2.0.37/57612/main.htm

Please refer below for more details about GridPager control.

The GridPager control is used to page the data and to display as a navigation control for databound controls that implement the IPagingContainer interface. You can associate the GridPager control with the PagingControlID. This would bind the GridPager with the databound control. The default markup that is rendered requires client script to do postbacks.

Pager Items :

In order to render out the navigation elements, you must add the Pager Items to the control. The following list of pager items can be used with the GridPager.

- NextPreviousPagerItem - Enables users to navigate through pages, one page at a time, or to jump to first or last page.
- NumericPagerItem - Enables user to select a page by page number.
- TemplatePagerItem - Enables user to create custom paging UI.

Find the below code to add a Grid pager to the page.

[ASPX]

PagingControlID="GridGroupingControl1" Width="445px">

ShowFirstPageButton="True" ShowPreviousPageButton="True" ShowLastPageButton="False"
ShowNextPageButton="False" ButtonType="Link" FirstPageImageUrl="" LastPageImageUrl=""
LastPageText="" NextPageImageUrl="" NextPageText="" PreviousPageImageUrl="" Visible="True" />
NextPreviousLinkCssClass="" PreviousPageImageUrl="" PreviousPageText="..." Visible="True" />
ShowFirstPageButton="False" ShowPreviousPageButton="False" ShowLastPageButton="True"
ShowNextPageButton="True" ButtonType="Link" FirstPageImageUrl="" FirstPageText=""
LastPageImageUrl="" NextPageImageUrl="" PreviousPageImageUrl="" PreviousPageText=""
Visible="True" />

EditLinkText="Edit" EnableDelete="True" EnableEdit="True" UpdateLinkText="Update"
CancelImageUrl="" DeleteImageUrl="" EditImageUrl="" UpdateImageUrl="" Visible="True" />

Please refer the below sample link.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.2.0.37/Web/Grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/Paging/SimplePaging/CS/GGCWithGridPager.aspx

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

RG Ruslan Gasanbekov July 7, 2009 11:58 AM UTC

10x for the update.

But you haven't addressed by question.
Whenever i decide to cancel addition of the new record (by pressing cancel link of GridRowEditUpdateLink) the record is added to the grid(instead of being removed).

Please examine the attachement.

Please advise.

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team July 8, 2009 10:02 AM UTC

Hi,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this issue. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue using GridRowEditUpdateLink template and it is available in the below link along with the video clip.

Sample:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.2.0.37/57612/Sample.zip

Video Clip:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.2.0.37/57612/VideoClip.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

RG Ruslan Gasanbekov July 8, 2009 12:50 PM UTC

10x
after examining the code attachement, I was able to solve the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon