We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Display Chevron for XPToolbars when some buttons are chopped off

Hi, I am using 1.6.1.8 XPToolbar. When I decrease my window width, some of the buttons on the XPToolbar are chopped off (hidden until the latest separator). It would be nice to show a chevron (I am not sure about the name, but it is the ">>" icon) at the end of the toolbar just like the ones that come up in the XPmenus framework. You can see this problem when you run the XPToolbarsAndContextMenus sample and keep decreasing the width of the window until some of the toolbar buttons are hidden. thanks, - Reddy

4 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 10, 2003 10:55 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, Thanks for the feedback. As you correctly pointed out, this feature is available as part of our XPMenus framework. The XPToolBars do not use this framework and hence there is no support for what you are looking for. We will consider this feature request for a future release (post 2.0). Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 05:55 PM UTC

In 2.1.0.9, if there are too many toolbar buttons to be displayed, the size of the toolbar is automatically extended into second line (when docked at top). Displaying the toolbar on two lines does not look good. Is there any way to turn this off? Is this chevron feature added to 2.1.0.9 release? thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, I am afraid, the feature request for the ''chevron'' on the XPToolBar has been not implemented yet. We do have an open QA report# 578 on this, and will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest. You could use the following workaround to turn off the wrapping behavior for the BarItems : Instead of docking the XPToolBar to the top, position it to the top and set its Anchor property to the left and right. This will behave exactly like a XPToolBar docked to the top, but will not wrap. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 07:05 PM UTC

This used to work fine before in 1.6.1.8. I guess this is one of those changes that affected us. I have already done this anchoring as opposed to docking. thanks, - Reddy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon