We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MultiColumnTreeView [value at second column shown incompletely]

Dear all,

i found a problem in a user computer,
at second column of MultiColumnTreeView, the value seem not shown properly.

example:

JAK...,which is should be JAKARTA

but it's happening on some computer.

is there any solution for this problem??

i'm using syncfusion 5.2

thanks

sherly

5 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team July 6, 2009 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Sherly,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The text in the MultiColumnTreeview's column gets truncated when the column width of the MultiColumnTreeview is smaller. We can avoid this by setting the width of the column. Kindly refer to the provided sample in the following link:

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/5.2.0.25/F84904/main.htm

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

SH Sherly July 7, 2009 02:17 AM UTC

dear fatimah,

actually user can resize the column width manually by drag the border column.

but the problem that our user face is however they drag the border column to make the column bigger, the value still shown incompletely. but only some users that face this problem.

please help..

thanks

sherly

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team October 14, 2009 12:33 PM UTC

Hi sherly,

You can drag the border column to make the column bigger and they appear in the designer as though the width are applied to the columns. But it will not be applied to the columns in run time. So we must apply the width of the column in the column collection something like below.

[C# Code]

treeColumnAdv1.Width = 100;

Please refer to the following image for how to apply through designer.

image-577225918.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Best,
Bala.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2009 08:07 AM UTC

Dear Bala,

acctually, i'm affraid that you didnt get my problem.

i have one application which is used in some computers, at 1 computer, our user face the value of multicolumntreeview displayed inproperly(no matter user already rezise the column). is there any constraint that should be fulfilled, like resolution, service pack, or something? because it was happened in one computer only.
please take a look the picture that i sent, it's what happened in our user(only in one user, on other users it will be shown properly).

thanks

sherly

senttoSync_5c69ccd4.zip

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 23, 2009 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Sherly,

We have checked the source of MultiColumnTreeView and don't find any problem with the source code.

Do you find any difference in configuration between two machines - working machine and problem causing machine?

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon