We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to close application after using dock manager

I have created a simple application, with a form which is an MDI form with a single panel. When I run the application, I add that panel to the docking manager docked to the left. Then right click on the panel to bring up the context menu which allows you make the panel floating (this makes the checkboxes in the context menu for floating and docking both checked which is a bug). Then uncheck the docking menu item so that the panel fills up the form. And then either make the panel floating or docked again. Then any attempt to close the application fails. Please let me know if I am using dockmanager incorrectly or this is a bug. I am including a simple application demonstrating this behavior. Thanks, Vikram

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 6, 2003 05:57 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and also for the sample application. I have tested for this issue using your sample and directions, and I could see the above mentioned behavior here. I have notified the Essential Suite Development Team about this erratic behavior of the Docking Manager, and will update you as soon as they get back to me. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TI Tihomir November 28, 2003 05:05 AM UTC

Hi, I have also problem trying the same. The error message when closing application was something like "Unable to access disposed member ...". If the error message is the same, you can solve it overriding Dispose member of the MDI parent form like this: protected override void Dispose(bool disposing) { this._dockingManager.Dispose() ; base.Dispose (disposing); } and then everything is ok, I don''t know is this the best solution but it works with me.I hope this will help you Best Regards, Tihomir

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 1, 2003 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Tihomir and Vikram, We appreciate your feedback on this issue. This problem has now been taken care of in Essential Suite 2.0 beta. Both Dockable and Floating cannot be checked at the same time and hence the above mentioned situation does not occur. Please log an incident in Direct Trac in this regard, and I will update you with download instructions for 2.0 beta. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon