We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Font List

I have around 1,200 fonts in my system.
I tried to use Font List/Font List Combo. And then the control reads all the fonts quite long & long time for fonts preview. Almost 4 minutes?.. it's really terrible.
I tried some controls of other vendor, they shows fast. They might design the custom drawing which shows the fonts which is visible.

Anyway,, is there some way to shorten the time to list up the fonts?

David.

3 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team June 29, 2009 02:24 PM UTC

Hi

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

This is not an issue with our FontList/FontListcombo box. When ever you load your system fonts using our Fontlistbox for the first instance it will take some time to load and there after it will not take much time as it loads the fonts from the cache. The similar behavior can be seen while we load the system font to the standard Ms combobox. Kindly make use of code snippet for how to load the font using it.

[XAML]

[C# Code]

fontCombobox.ItemsSource = Fonts.SystemFontFamilies;

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

DK David Kim June 29, 2009 02:49 PM UTC

I'm still evaluating your s/w,, When I make sure every issues,, I should be your customer.
Anyway,, thanks for your quick response.

Yes,, MS(Office 2007) combobox also takes some time,, I've tried it again,, and it took less 10 seconds. As I told you others as like Actipro, DevComponents are taken just a few seconds.. It doesn't take like 4 minutes. If I use listbox as initial layout,, it'll look like halted during 4 minutes. If we don't show the font preview,, it shows the list immediately.

Could you give me more idea?

David Kim.

Hi

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

This is not an issue with our FontList/FontListcombo box. When ever you load your system fonts using our Fontlistbox for the first instance it will take some time to load and there after it will not take much time as it loads the fonts from the cache. The similar behavior can be seen while we load the system font to the standard Ms combobox. Kindly make use of code snippet for how to load the font using it.

[XAML]

[C# Code]

fontCombobox.ItemsSource = Fonts.SystemFontFamilies;

Regards,
Bala.

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team June 30, 2009 01:51 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

We tried to host our FontListBox with a VirtualizingStackPanel with IsVirtualizing set to True and tried to calculate the time taken for loading the fonts, initially it took some time actually but once after it is initialized for the first time there is no issue with the performance of the FontlistBox. Kindly download the sample from the below location.

httP://files.Syncfusion.com/Support/Tools.WPF/7.2.0.37/Forum-84070/main.htm

Try reproducing the issue. Still if you have any issues kindly update us.

Being an evaluator We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We might like to know that if you have an existing personal Direct-Trac account available using your own email address, and we highly recommend using your personal account. You'll get a faster response along with an automatic update when your question is answered via DirectTrac, and you can login and view your incident history 24x7. Simply visit

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

login. If you have any further questions, we hope you will take advantage of your existing account(if any) and available services as a evaluator.

Regards,
Bala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon