We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Currecnt Cell Strange Edit Behavior

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

83790 Jun 27,2009 03:40 AM Jul 1,2009 01:13 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Matt Johnson
Asked On June 27, 2009 03:40 AM

Using a regular GridControl, if I set a cell to type Currency, Everything works fine from a display perspective, but I have strange results when editing the cell.

I have ActivateCurrentCellBehavior set to DblClickOnCell. When I double click on a cell, it highlights the cell's contents and whatever I type overwrites the current info. This is fine.

However, if I just single-click on a cell, or use the keys to navigate to the cell - I can still edit the cell by starting to type while on that cell. However this time the editing does not select or overwrite the current cell. It only overwrites the first digit with the key that I pressed.

Here's the bad part - After the first digit, it jumps over the decimal. So if I were to just single click on a cell and type 123, I would have "1.2300" in the cell. I would expect it to have "123.00".

I've been trying to use the CurrentCellStartEditing event to fix this, but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions?

The only thing that seems to work is to change the ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to SelectAll. But I want to avoid that if possible - it doesn't work well for my usage.

Please advise. Thanks.

Matt Johnson
Replied On June 27, 2009 03:41 AM

oops - typo'd the original subject line. Sorry.

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 1, 2009 01:13 AM

Hi Matt,

I could able to see the issue mentioned with the currency cell. Please create a new Direct trac incident with the forum id as subject. So that we could provide further details there.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;