We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Currecnt Cell Strange Edit Behavior

Using a regular GridControl, if I set a cell to type Currency, Everything works fine from a display perspective, but I have strange results when editing the cell.

I have ActivateCurrentCellBehavior set to DblClickOnCell. When I double click on a cell, it highlights the cell's contents and whatever I type overwrites the current info. This is fine.

However, if I just single-click on a cell, or use the keys to navigate to the cell - I can still edit the cell by starting to type while on that cell. However this time the editing does not select or overwrite the current cell. It only overwrites the first digit with the key that I pressed.

Here's the bad part - After the first digit, it jumps over the decimal. So if I were to just single click on a cell and type 123, I would have "1.2300" in the cell. I would expect it to have "123.00".

I've been trying to use the CurrentCellStartEditing event to fix this, but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions?

The only thing that seems to work is to change the ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to SelectAll. But I want to avoid that if possible - it doesn't work well for my usage.

Please advise. Thanks.

2 Replies

MJ Matt Johnson June 27, 2009 07:41 AM UTC

oops - typo'd the original subject line. Sorry.

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 1, 2009 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

I could able to see the issue mentioned with the currency cell. Please create a new Direct trac incident with the forum id as subject. So that we could provide further details there.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon