We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

catch input before stored in connected datasource

Hi, i have a problem when editing in filtered columns and leave the row. The Message "there is no row at position ..." occours. A workaround is to write the edited value direkt in the underlying datatable, but i cannot locate a particular time to catch the edited value. Qestion1: How can i editing in filtered columns without get the message "There is no row at..."? Question2: Where is the correct point to catch user input before the value is written in the connected datasource (is there a documentation available which events will occurres) ? greetings markus

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2003 10:20 AM UTC

To work around the first problem, you can handle the CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event. In there if you are editing the filtered column, you can save the value to the underlying DataTable. Attached is a little sample showing how you might go about it. (It assumes your datatable has a primary key column that cannot be edited by the user.) You can use the RowLeave event to catch the grid before it tries to move things to the datasource. You can use grid.Binder.IsEditing to check whether the row has been edited or not as this event is hit for every leave.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon