We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Prevent edit mode for cell click?

I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent the cell from immediately going into edit mode when the user clicks the cell. I would like the cell to become the current cell when cliekced, but not immediately go into edit mode. This makes it easier for the user to CTRL+C then CTRL+V.

Thanks,

Aaron

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

The GridControl is default cell activation in single click, so the cell goes to edit mode when the cell click has been performed in GridControl. If you want to prevent the edit mode in click, then please try using ActivateCurrentCellBehavior property in options to achieve this behavior. If the ActivateCurrentCellBehavior set to GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell, then it will go to edit mode, when the double click has been performed in GridControl cell.

Refer the code below:

this.gridControl1.Model.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell;

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon