We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Case preservation vs Case Insensitive

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a simple syntax highlighting editor to replace a legacy product. The language I'm using (VBScript) is not case sensitive (in that 'CreateObject' == 'createobject'), however the legacy product we had preserved the casing of the function definition. So, if the user typed in 'createo' and used the editor to expand the function, it would insert 'CreateObject'.

I can see the ConfigLanguage.CaseInsensitive property, but this doesn't exactly give me what I'm looking for, which is a case-insensitive match but a case-preserving completion.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

John

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2009 01:01 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not much clear with your requirement. Kindly refer to the provided videoclip which depicts that when typing any text ignoring case, it is automatically gets indentified and fills the exact match.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Edit.Windows/7.2.0.37/F83311/videoreference.zip

If this is your requirement, this can be acheived using ContextChoice feature available with our EditControl. Kindly refer to the sample browser sample in the below location that illustrates this:

{Installed Drive}:\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.2.0.37\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\2.0\Intellisense Functions\Context Choice and Prompt

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please let me know in detail so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

JB John Brett July 17, 2009 01:45 PM UTC

Thanks for pointing me at the appropriate sample. With some more detailed consideration of the code, I found out what I'd done wrong.

Thanks for your help.

KN Karikalan Natarajan Syncfusion Team March 16, 2010 11:37 AM UTC

Hi John

We are glad to here that your requirement has been achieved. Thanks for you using Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Karikalan N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon