We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to: build a project with Syncfusion without installing it

Hi,

I’m currently working on a large project which involves some SyncFusion Winforms components (.Net 3.5). We have a build server which manages 3 build agents. Is it possible to build a project involving SyncFusion without installing it? All our other project’s components have no problem with that, but unfortunately not SyncFusion.

I have copy all required SyncFusion assembly to our source engine (project use them instead of assembly registered in GAC) and enable associated project with your Licence Enabler (the licenses.licx is created and in project’s file list), but still build failed with this error:
Error 3 Exception occurred creating type 'Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core, Version=7.203.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.

This error disappeared if SyncFusion is installed on the build agent, but it’s exactly want I would like to avoid: it’s really time consuming when update must to be deployed to uninstall then install SyncFusion on each build agent.

Laurent

PS: we own a license "Essential Studio version 7.2.0.*"

3 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 12:18 PM UTC

Hi,

For any build server to build a project that uses Syncfusion Essential Studio components, you need to have a link license installed in the server. If you are not interested in installing the Syncfusion Studio, you need to atleast register your license in the machine. You can details by emailing to this id.

Please email to salessupport@syncfusion.com for a copy of your license with the details. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Nanda

MS Massimiliano Saponaro February 9, 2010 03:39 PM UTC

Hi, I need some information about this task. How can register our license on the build machine without installing the Syncfusion Studio? I have to use a particular exe?

The licence is registered by acalabrese@ferrari.it and we have the 4.3.0.30 version

Thanks in advance!!

"Hi,

For any build server to build a project that uses Syncfusion Essential Studio components, you need to have a link license installed in the server. If you are not interested in installing the Syncfusion Studio, you need to atleast register your license in the machine. You can details by emailing to this id.

Please email to salessupport@syncfusion.com for a copy of your license with the details. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Nanda"

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 10, 2010 02:16 AM UTC

Hi,

Sure, you need to use one tool to configure your build machine to compile the projects with Syncfusion products. Please create an incident with the subject name of this forum name, we will update you with that tool.

Regards,
Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon