We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

WPF Pie chart appearance

Hi,

How do you go about giving a bevelled appearance to a WPF 2D pie chart?

Also in the WPF Pie demo (PieChart_2008), when you display a wpf pie as 3D it loses all edge lines and adornments. How do you make a 3D Pie look very like the 2D one, but just in 3D?

Thanks,
Tom

5 Replies

TA Tom Abnett June 24, 2009 01:28 PM UTC

OK so I can apply a BevelBitmapEffect to the ChartArea BitmapEffect. This also bevels the Legend above the pie chart. How do I apply effects only to the pie, not the legend, labels etc?

Thanks,
Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. Beveled appearance for a WPF 2D pie chart
As suggested by you, we could use BevelBitmapEffect. Applying this to the Pie segments alone will change the appearance of the segments alone without affecting the legend or the ChartArea appearance.

Please refer to the sample in the below given link that uses a custom template for Pie segments that makes the pie segment to render with bevel appearance
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Chart.WPF/7.3.0.12/Presale_248/main.htm

Please let us know if this helps.

2. 3D charts appearance to be similar as 2D charts
Currently we do not provide support for ' Edge lines and adornments for 3D charts '. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request.
We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
K. Saradha Devi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 11:04 AM UTC

Tom,

One thing of concern though is that the resultant pie doesn't look that great. The pie looks much better when setting the BevelBitmapEffect on the ChartArea itself.

So, we are trying to create a custom Legend template with null BitmapEffect to overcome the issue you originally faced. We will keep you updated.

Regards,
Praveen
Syncfusion

TA Tom Abnett June 25, 2009 04:37 PM UTC

Hi Praveen,

Yes, agreed. I don't think the bevelling looks good when applied to the individual segments. I'd like it applied to just the pie chart (when it looks good), but not the legend.

I've tried to cancel the BevelBitmapEffect against the legend, but not had any success. Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2009 11:24 AM UTC

Tom,

We cannot seem to override the BitmapEffect setting for the legends even with a custom template for the legend items! The settings in the ChartArea seems to take precedence over the settings of the legend item template settings.

At this point it looks like this cannot be worked around. We will update you if we find some other way to handle this.

-Praveen
Syncfusion

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon