We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager (DockToFill Bug)

Relating to my prior post I believe I've pinned down my problem a little better.

I have 4 panels in a form. The first panel is docked to the right side of the form, and two panels are docked to bottom of the first panel. The 4th panel is docked to the left of the form. The docking manager is then set to DockToFill so that the 4th panel will fill the entire form whenever all the other three panels are collapsed.

What I find:
When DockToFill = false, all the panels behave as expected. The 4th panel takes up the majority of the space as planned, while the other three take up a column on the right and the first three panels all collapse to the right.

When DockToFill = true, problems arise in where the panels collapse. The first panel collapses to the right of the form (as expected), however the other two panels (which were docked to the bottom of the first panel) collapse to the bottom of the form.

I've attached a picture of the end result. Here is the source code:

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(panel1, true);
this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(panel2, true);
this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(panel3, true);
this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(panel4, true);

this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel1, this, DockingStyle.Right, 100);
this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel2, panel1, DockingStyle.Bottom, 100);
this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel3, panel1, DockingStyle.Bottom, 100);
this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel4, this, DockingStyle.Left, 425);

this.dockingManager1.SetDockLabel(this.panel1, "Panel1");
this.dockingManager1.SetDockLabel(this.panel2, "Panel2");
this.dockingManager1.SetDockLabel(this.panel3, "Panel3");
this.dockingManager1.SetDockLabel(this.panel4, "Panel4");
}

Syncfusion-Example2_635f7f83.GIF

8 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 17, 2009 12:55 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Controls autohide incorrectly when the DockToFill is set to true

We suspect this issue to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will update you on or before June 19th 2009.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 17, 2009 12:57 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Controls autohide incorrectly when the DockToFill is set to true

We suspect this issue to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will update you on or before June 19th 2009.

Regards,
Fathima

FC Fletcher Comstock June 22, 2009 03:07 PM UTC

So what is the verdict?

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 04:54 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue "Controls autohide incorrectly when the DockToFill is set to true" is confirmed as a defect and our developers are working on fixing this issue with high priority. The fix for the defect is expected to be available on July 10th 2009 and will get back to you on the same day with more details.

Regards,
Fathima

FC Fletcher Comstock July 13, 2009 05:09 PM UTC

Hi this is a follow up regarding the fix noted in the above posts. Where can I get more information on how to download and apply this fix?

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team July 29, 2009 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Fletcher,

This issue is not fixed yet. We will fix it in another 2 weeks timeframe and update you the status.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Mano

BR Bryan Roberts December 7, 2015 07:15 PM UTC

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I see that it says an update will be added when the fix is applied but never anything more.

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 04:45 AM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delay being caused.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue and the fix for this issue will be included in our upcoming volume 4 release, which is expected to roll out by the end of December 2015. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Thanks,
Saravanan T

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon