We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Office2007Theme Controls ForeColor

I am building an app which supports the 3 office themes and have an issue with the themed controls when they are hosted inside of a panel.

When I set the panel ForeColor, the themed control's fore color changes and cannot be reset to the themed colors. This is especially problematic with the black theme and the selected back and fore colors.

Also, for the Navigation View, the fore color is always Black. It does not seem to be using the theme colors. For the Black theme, this is problematic because you can barely see the text. If I change the forecolor to white, then when teh bars are selected, it shows orange on white which is hard to read.

Is there a way to get the Navigation View to work well with the Black Theme??

Thanks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2009 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

ForeColor of ThemedControl not reset to themed color when it is placed inside a Panel.

This issue is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you with our Development Team’s response on 'June 16th'.

ForeColor of Bar is in black instead of white when Office 2007 theme is black

On initial analysis we found that this issue could be a feature request. We have contacted our Development Team for further analysis and will get back to you on 'June 19th' with more details.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2009 09:36 PM UTC

Decided to abandon the navigation view altogether. Too much work to make it fit the theme of the application.

I decided to use a combo drop down with tree view instead.

Thanks for the response though!

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 15, 2009 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Neil,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

1) ForeColor of Bar is in black instead of white when Office 2007 theme is black

The above feature has been confirmed as a Feature Request. This feature is expected to be implemented on or before July 6th 2009. We will get back to you on or before July 6th 2009 with more details.

2) ForeColor of ThemedControl not reset to themed color when it is placed inside a Panel

We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will update you the timeline for this on or before June 16th 2009.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 17, 2009 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue "ForeColor of ThemedControl not reset to themed color when it is placed inside a Panel" is confirmed as a defect and our developers are working on fixing this issue with high priority. The fix for the defect is expected to be available on July 8th 2009 and will get back to you on the same day with more details.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon