We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grouping a nested table at runtime

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

82203 Jun 4,2009 04:59 AM Jun 4,2009 02:49 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 4, 2009 04:59 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to group a nested table (i.e. subgrid) in a GridGroupingControl at runtime. I know this can be done at design time in code e.g.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations[0].ChildTableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("CategoryName", ListSortDirection.Descending);

However i cannot get it to work at design time. Can a "ShowGroupDropArea" be applied to a nested grid - so that end users can drag and drop columns for the purpose of grouping, like they do at the top level?

Regards

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 4, 2009 02:49 PM

In a GridGroupingControl with nested tables, the child tables share the same drop area as the parent table. (The drop area becomes a multiline object.) So, just setting ShowGroupDropArea = true should be all that is necesary to enable user grouping at runtime. Take a look at this sample:
Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.2.0.20\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Relations And Hierarchy\Hierarchy View Demo

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;