We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Lining up charts

I have several charts on a table layout panel that is 1 column by N-rows.

The Y axis of one chart may go from 0-9. The next chart's Y-axis 0-20000.

I need the Y axes of all the charts to line up since the X-axes all represent the same time period.

I can set the ChartAxis.Format to be 00000.00 and they'll line up, but 00100.00 looks bad. #####.00 doesn't seem to help.

I've tried changing PrimaryYAxis.Rectangle as well, but that didn't help either.

3 Replies

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team June 3, 2009 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Peggy,

To avoid 00100.00 format, just check a condition before assigning the fomat. That is if the value is <100 then assign format as ##.00 and if it is greater than 100 and less than 2000 assign as ###.00. This will align the axis in the same line as well as it will change the format 00100.00.

Kindly, let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Manimala.

PG Peggy Giegucz June 3, 2009 01:54 PM UTC

OK, but that doesn't fix my bigger problem.

I need to vertically line up multiple charts that have a variety of scales. When they are on the screen, I need the Y-axes to line up.

I've posted an image at http://www.montrosehillsystems.com/plot.jpg that shows the problem.

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team June 8, 2009 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for using Essential Chart.

The aligning of the Y-Axis depends on the ChartAreaMargins property of the axis. But in version 4.4.0.51 ChartAreaMargins property is read only and hence we cannot assign values to that at run time. But in latest version it works fine.

I have created a sample in version 7.2.0.20 to demonstrate this.

Kindly, get the sample from the following location.

Sample File

Kindly, upgrade to the latest version 7.2.0.20 from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is valid, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your Direct-Trac account. For more help on unlock key kindly, contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Kindly, let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Manimala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon