We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Eventhandling when dropping a column into GridGroupDropArea

Hi,

I would like to handle an event when I drop a column from a table in GridGroupingControl into GridGroupDropArea.

Basically, I will be highlighting some cells in the tables when the data is initially loading, and when a table is group by dropping a column, I want to handle the event and clean up the highlighting in the table.

Could you let me know if how I can do this?

Thanks,
Gerald

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team June 3, 2009 05:56 AM UTC

HiGerald,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

The GridGroupingControl maintain the GroupedColumns in TableDescriptor collection. The GroupedColumns changed event is fired, when the GroupedColumn has been changed in GridGroupingControl. The Action property is Insert in GroupedColumns.Changed event, when the Table column has been moved to GroupDrop area.

Please refer the code below:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(GroupedColumns_Changed);
void GroupedColumns_Changed(object sender, Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Action == Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Insert)
{
// Insert your code here
}
}

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon