We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxBarItem display issues

I am trying to use a ComboBoxBarItem in a XPMenus.Bar object. I have a few issues with how the Text and combo box get painted. When I select PaintStyle = TextOnlyInMenus and Default, the following problems are seen: 1) No Text shown 2) When in Large Icon mode (24 pixels high), the combo box is not centered in the bar. It is at the top. This makes the display look a little out of whack. When I set the PaintStyle = TextOnly and ImageAndText, the following problems are seen: 1) There is a lot of extra space preceding the Text label. 2) The combo box is taller than when PaintStyle = Default and TextOnly. 3) The ListBox pop up is about double the width of the widest string in the ChoiceList collection. 4) The Text and ComboBox controls are aligned to the top of the Bar. This does not look good in Large Icon mode (24 pixels high). Is there any way to control these "features" to make them paint in a more standard or desirable way? EG, can I control the ComboBox control height and alignment properties of the controls wrt to the containing Bar object?

1 Reply

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 27, 2003 08:17 PM UTC

Hi Pete, Which version of Essential Suite are you currently using? I have sent you download instructions for the latest version of Essential Suite. Can you help us reproduce the problems you are encountering in the XPMenusMDI sample (located in the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Menus Package\XPMenusMDI directory) that ships with Essential Tools? Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon