We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell types in GridListControl

Using ESS 2009v2 with VS2005 ...

I have a multicolumn GridListControl bound to an ArrayList of data objects. One of the columns is boolean and it is displaying this as the text "True" or "False". Yet on other grids bool is rendered as a checkbox. How do I get a GridListControl to show booleans as checkboxes?

Also, having these checkboxes as editable (ie. toggling when clicked on) would be a bonus.

Thanks.

1 Reply

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team June 2, 2009 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The gridlistcontrol is designed for read-only purpose. It doesn't allow editing of cells. However, if you want to display checkbox and to change values of it at runtime, then you need to handle the changes made to the cellvalue through some events and place it accordingly which is difficult to achieve efficiently.

Here is a sample which i tried to display checkbox and interact in GridListControl by handling some events to some extent. But the exact functionality cannot be achieved in this case.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.2.0.20/F82058.zip

Because of this, we are prescribing GridDataBoundGrid control instead of GridListControl, to add checkbox and interact with it at runtime which has similar appearance as GridListControl.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon