We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Eventhandler when dropping a column into GridGroupDropArea

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

82050 May 28,2009 04:32 PM UTC Apr 13,2010 12:13 PM UTC Windows Forms 3
Tags: Grouping
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On May 28, 2009 04:32 PM UTC

Hi,

I would like to handle an event when I drop a column from a table in GridGroupingControl into GridGroupDropArea.

Basically, I will be highlighting some cells in the tables when the data is initially loading, and when a table is group by dropping a column, I want to handle the event and clean up the highlighting in the table.

Could you let me know if how I can do this?

Thanks,
Gerald

1_7edfc6e7.JPG

Rajadurai C [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 2, 2009 03:17 PM UTC

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

It seems you had posted an incident with the similar inquiry in Direct Trac with id #56523 which has been updated with solution. Please followup with that(incident:#56523).

Regards,
Rajadurai

Jeff King
Replied On April 13, 2010 08:48 AM UTC

Can you please post the answer to this in a public forum?

Thankyou.

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 13, 2010 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Jeff,

In gridgroupingcontrol, while dropping the column in the groupdroparea, two events of groupedcolumns can be handled.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changing += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(GroupedColumns_Changing);
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(GroupedColumns_Changed);

Changing- This event get triggerred while the column adding/removing is in progress in groupdroparea
Changed - This event get triggerred after the column is dropped to/from groupdroparea.

Changing event get triggered before Changed event.

Through the following code, you can find out which column is dropped and the type of action(adding/removing).

Console.WriteLine(e.Item + " " + e.Action);

Please refer to the following minimal sample in which this has been implemented.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/6.3.0.6/I56523.zip

Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;