We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Remembering Column Layout

Hey,
was wondering if its possible to store the column locations and sizes for users, so for example my code sets the default sizes of the columns and in which order, but my user wants them a different size or the columns in a different order, is there any way to store this information or even to gather it.
Cheers
Tom

3 Replies

TM Tom Mann May 16, 2009 12:47 PM UTC

Hey,
Will also need to remember user filter choices if that is also possible.
cheers
Tom

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team May 18, 2009 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. The GDC implements a simple engine to display data from bound sources and to work with it. We are implementing a WPF Grouping engine that will do all this in depth details, like saving information in a schema, and all other major functionalities. Once we have this ready, you could save and restore schema information on any data that you interact with. We intend to implement this only after the Grouping engine is ready.

Right now, you need to serialize your own data and re-use it when you are loading your application back. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

TM Tom Mann May 18, 2009 10:14 AM UTC

Thanks for the speedy reply,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon