We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filtering

Hi,
sorry for the number of questions, is it possible to filter the grid via an external control such as a text box ? Cant seem to find a way to do it, am able to enable the inbuilt filter controls but I would like to filter via a text box above the datagrid.
Cheers
Tom

5 Replies

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

We are glad to help you out on the questions, and so you could post as many as you want.

With the filters, we generate dynamic predicate queries to get it done, as of now, only boolean filters are implemented, and so having a text box filter will not work with the internal filter logic. We do have plans to implement the "LIKE" operator very soon, but not before the refresh release, as we are currently working on improving the performance of the control to the max. I will have you updated once we have this functionality implemented. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

TM Tom Mann May 14, 2009 09:42 AM UTC

Hey,
Just wondered if this was still the case in the latest development build,
Cheers
Tom

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team May 15, 2009 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

Like I mentioned, we will be working on the filter "LIKE" operator a bit later, right now our main focus is on improving the performance and some more added features for our next release. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

SW Simon Wang September 22, 2010 08:28 PM UTC

Is this feature available in latest release? I would like to achieve this too. user can enter text in a separate control, and the text entered is used to filter certain columns in multiple data grids. it will be nice to support "Like" kind of query as well.

Thanks,

KA Kamalakannan A Syncfusion Team September 27, 2010 07:06 PM UTC

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your update.

Currently we have implemented the FilterBar support for GridDataControl. This FilterBar will helps you to filter the records using conditional operator like " <, >, =, <=, =>,and , or etc. Please refer the documentation and the sample for your reference.

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=FilterBar_Demo-1037030763.zip

Documentation Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=filterbar_grid_ug467663647.zip

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Kamal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon