We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

help with grid!

Hello! I have a gridGroupControl that generates several columns, but at run time by clicking button I needed to insert a new row below where the User clicked, please help me!

3 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

You can add a new row to GridGroupingControl by enabling AllowNew property and invoking AddNew method which lets you to enter into edit mode to insert a new record. Please refer the code snippet below to achieve this through button click event.

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//Enable the AllowNew property.
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowNew = true;
//Invoke the AddNew() to enter into edit mode.
this.GridGroupingControl1.Table.AddNew();
}

Please refer a simple sample to illustrate this.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.2.0.20/F81117/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

MB Marcel Brasil Tenorio May 14, 2009 02:36 PM UTC

ok! now I appreciate just as I had already achieve. I want to insert is below where I will then click a button in each line .. see the picture!

grid_feb4bce.JPG

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team May 15, 2009 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Marcel,

We regret to let you know that it is not possible to add a new record other than the first row dynamically. Since for adding a new value, always the first index (Index 0) will be referred into edit mode to enter the new values and this is the default behaviour of Essential Grid.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon