We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to retrieve Visio Custom properties

I imported a visio (.vss) symbol palette and after the import I am unable to view any of its custom properties that is associated with that symbol in the visio symbol pallete after the drag drop on the worksheet. The properties does not display the custom properties associated.

Is there a library available to retrieve the 'Shape' object(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Shape) after the Visio stencil import has been achieved with the VisioStencilConverter.Convert()?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Srikumar,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have been working on this issue and please provide us with the .vss format file you have used which would let us to identify the problem easily.

Regards,
Dinesh

SR srik May 22, 2009 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Dinesh

I have enclosed a sample Stencil file having a Circle Shape Object.
Also enclosed are some snapshots depicting the custom properties defined for the visio Objects in Visio 2003.
The bitmap1 shows the customProperties being defined for this object before it is saved as a Stencil.
The next time the user drags this custom circle object onto this worksheet. The Visio Object is instantiated with its associated custom properties as shown in bitmap2 (enclosed in the zip file).

It will be great if the VisioConverter could provide some way or workaround to access these custom properties while converting the same into a Syncfusion Node.

thanks,

sampleStencilVss_42bab34a.zip

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team May 23, 2009 03:37 AM UTC

Hi Srikumar,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Currently we do not have support for this feature. The shape which that one imported into Syncfusion Diagram will has only properties that are supported by us.The issue requires some more time to analyze and we will update as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Gowri

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon