We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Can''t display data correctly in plot

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

81077 May 11,2009 02:53 PM May 12,2009 06:44 AM WPF 1
Tags: Chart
Dale Haessel
Asked On May 11, 2009 02:53 PM

Lets say you have XY data as follows:

0, 0
100, 100
200, 200
100, 300

I expect the x axis to bend back in an XY line chart. Aka, the points should be plotted in sequential order so the y axis would all increase w/ each data point but the value plotted on x axis would retrace itself back to 100.

I tried IsIndexed="False" which solved the original issue of scaling on x axis but it seems to want the x value to always increase which is not correct. It almost appears as if it sorts the x values for some reason even though my observable collection is correct.

SyncFusionExample2_58e0460e.zip

Pavithra J [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 12, 2009 06:44 AM

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The rendering mechanism of ChartAxis Label in our Chartcontol is like,

When IsIndexed is set to true, Y values will be plotted based on the order in which they are added to the collection and X values are displayed as labels in the X axis.

When IsIndexed property is set to false, all the values in the collection will be sorted in ascending order and they are plotted. If we have points with same X values, Y value will be plotted in the same X location.

Hence the result will be as said by you.

However, will we consider with our developer regarding the sorting mechanism (IsIndexed=false) and get back to you if we have plans to enhace the sorting feature.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;