We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with AutoComplte Combobox

Hi All,
I have one syncfusion autocomplete combobox in my winforms application.The problem with this combobox is that after I expand it and try to go up in the items list using up arrow key,the focus goes directly to the selected item in the combobox overlooking other items in list.But it's working fine if I go down using the down arrow key in my key board.

Can anybody please help me in solving this?

5 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team May 7, 2009 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Subarta,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue. I tested the sample in which I programmatically select an item when the ComboBox DropDown button is clicked. When I traverse the items using up arrow key I am able to select the previous items. Please refer to the sample provided below that illustrates this:

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.2.0.20/F80986/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please let me know in detail so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

SD Subrata Das May 8, 2009 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Fatima,
Thanks for your prompt reply.I used the following code and still getting the erroneous results as far as traversing with the up arrow key is concerned-focus is not moving to the earlier item.

//array.Add("BBBAAAA");
//array.Add("BBBBBBB");
//array.Add("BBCCCCC");
//array.Add("AAACCCC");
//array.Add("BBBBAAA");
//array.Add("DDDDDBB");
//array.Add("EEEAAAA");

EditUserWS.EditUserService eduserws = new Tools_WF_ComboBoxAutoComplete_54248.EditUserWS.EditUserService();
string errorMsg = string.Empty;
int errNumber = 0;
DataSet dSet = //call to web service to fill the dataset;

this.comboBoxAutoComplete1.DataSource = dSet.Tables[0] ;

this.comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteControl.AutoCompletePopup.Popup += new EventHandler(AutoCompletePopup_Popup);
this.comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteControl.DataSource = dSet.Tables[0];
this.comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteControl.SetAutoComplete(this.comboBoxAutoComplete1, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AutoCompleteModes.AutoSuggest);
this.comboBoxAutoComplete1.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Suggest;

Please let me know if you need some more info.

Thanks & Regards,
Subrata Das

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team May 11, 2009 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Subrata,

Thank you for your update.

It would be more helpful for us if you provide us a simple sample that illustrates the issue and also the Essential Studio version that you are using so that we could work out in depth an provide you a better solution at the earliest.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

SD Subrata Das May 12, 2009 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Fathima,
I am using syncfusion version 4.4.0.51.

You please do one thing,make a small win form application and use C# as language.

In that you just populate an auto complete dropdown using a data table as data source as shown below:

cmbRelationship1.AutoCompleteControl.DataSource = dsReptGrpDetl.Tables[0].DefaultView;
cmbRelationship1.DisplayMember = "DISPLAY_NAME";
cmbRelationship1.ValueMember = "PARTY_ID";

for (int i = 0; i < dsReptGrpDetl.Tables[0].Rows.Count; i++)
{
if (Convert.ToInt32(dsReptGrpDetl.Tables[0].Rows[i]["PARTY_ID"]) == relationshipId)
{
cmbRelationship1.Text = dsReptGrpDetl.Tables[0].Rows[i]["DISPLAY_NAME"].ToString();
return;
}
}

In the above code snippet I am just assigning a datatable as a data source of the autocomplte control of the combobox.

After that in the for loop,I am actually setting the selected item of the dropdown using a for loop.
Please let me know,if you need any other help.

Thanks & Regards,
Subrata Das

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Subrata,

Thank you for your update.

I am able to reproduce the mentioned issue in version 4.4.0.51. We are glad to inform you that the above issues have been fixed with our latest refresh release Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 Volume 2 final release is available for download.

You can refer the below thread for download details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/80748/

Please try this and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon