We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Freezing rows & Sample...

Cannot seem to get your control to freeze the header row of the gridgroupingcontrol.

Your online sample does not seem to work either (see attached).

I am running Vista 32bit compatible using VS2008 and IE8.

thanks.

syncss_9b31e6ca.zip

3 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team May 7, 2009 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Khurram,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

To enable Frozen columns / rows, the GridGroupingControl allows you to lock specific columns / rows so that they will always be visible on the screen, no matter how far we scroll. The columns/rows that are locked are called frozen columns / rows. Essential Grid supports both Horizontal and Vertical scrolling. Specifying the Width and Height properties for the grid, will display the ScrollBars on the client browser, if necessary.

this.GridGroupingControl1.Width = 400;
this.GridGroupingControl1.Height = 500;

this.GridGroupingControl1.FrozenColumns = 2;
this.GridGroupingControl1.FrozenRows = 3;

Please refer the online sample below in version 7.2.0.20 illustrating Frozen Rows and Columns Demo.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.2.0.20/web/Grid.Grouping.Web/samples/3.5/ColumnOrRows/Scrolling/cs/FrozenColsandRows.aspx

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

JT John T. Garrard February 15, 2010 04:25 PM UTC

Be sure you are using the latest GridGroupingControl - I was having all kinds of trouble then realized I was using version 7.1 - updated to 8.1 and everything works just as I'd expect in all browsers.

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team February 17, 2010 06:45 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for the update. Let us know if you have any other queries in future.

Regards,
Jaffer.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon