We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Perfomance of XlsIO

Hello,

We look for .Net component to generate Excel's files from our project. We estimated the time of generating of big (about 50000 rows) plain reports using various components. The Syncfusion XlsIO illustrated the worst performance - more than 3 minutes (the best components performs the same export in 20 seconds). Perhaps we used the XlsIO in wrong way. Could you please investigate what we do improper. Below I attach code of our testing application.

Thank in advance & sorry for my English

public void CreateReportUsingXlsIO()
{
Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
Syncfusion.XlsIO.IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

Syncfusion.XlsIO.IWorkbook myWorkbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Add();

for (int r = 1; r < 50000; r++)
for (int c = 1; c < 100; c++)
myWorkbook.ActiveSheet[r, c].Value2 = Rnd.Next();

myWorkbook.SaveAs(Path.Combine(DestFilename, "XlsIO_performance_" + ThreadId.ToString() + ".xls"), ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS);
excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false;
}

5 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 29, 2009 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I strongly recommend you to go through the our documentation on "Improving Performance" in the link below:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_72/xlsio/ImprovingPerformance.html

Also, with v7.2.0.20, I could see that it took 1:40 minute to generated 50000 X 100 data. After changing the code as per the suggestion in our documentation, sheet.SetNumber(r, c, rnd.Next()); it took 40 seconds to generated the same number of data.

Could you please try this and let me know about it?

Regards,
Geetha

AL Alexey Levande April 30, 2009 08:31 AM UTC

Hello,

Thank you for your help, we will re-engineer obligatory our application as you proposed.

Regards, Alexey

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Alexey Levande,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please let us know whether the above reproted issue is solved at your end and let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

MM Manikandan M Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Casper,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have provided the link for online documentation of template marker below.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/Reporting/XlsIO/ASP.NET/default.htm#!documents/templatemarkers.htm

Thanks for your patience. Kindly let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Manikandan.M

MM Manikandan M Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Alexey,

Please ignore my previous update. Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Regards,

Manikandan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon